Monday, November 12, 2012

First Impression: Sugar Lip Treatment

Pin It
Sephora's Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment w/ SPF 15
(Image from Sephora)

First things first, I have always hated chapstick!! You couldn't pay me to wear chapstick, carmex, burts bees, etc!! I feel that they tend to flake, I never like the scent, that make my lips feel weird and u have to re-apply them all the time!! *breathes* I love this product and have been using it for a while now. I was irritated when I first got it as my "free gift," because I wanted a shower gel instead and in fact didn't touch it for a while haha because I really had my heart set on that gel! 
 If you're familiar with Sephora, points are earned for each purchase you make and you can use those points for 'free gifts' which are usually sample sizes of an item or two they carry. You also receive a free gift (no purchase required) on your birthday. ANYWAY once I stopped shunning the package(it came with two items the clear lip treatment balm and a rose colored balm) I was very pleasantly surprised.

What it is? "A hydrating treatment that nourishes, protects, and plumps the lips."-Sephora

Scent: It has a sugary/citrus scent, like the cake I gave you the recipe for!! (check out my Starbucks Lemon Loaf Cake Recipe here.) *You cannot smell it once applied but if you smell the tube that's what it smells like :) This makes sense because the product blends reparative oils, waxes, Vitamins A, C, and E, with real sugars!

BONUS!!!: Formulated WITHOUT:
  1. Parabens
  2. Sulfates
  3. Synthetic Dyes
  4. Phtalates
  5. GMOs
  6. Triclosan
**AKA made without the bad stuff!

My thoughts: I haven't noticed any 'plumping' effects(but I don't care for them so this isn't a big deal to me). It definitly repairs, nourishes, smoothes and hydrates your lips. What I love about this product is it literally lasts all day with no need to re-apply. Most chapsticks or balms leave people having to re-apply throughout the day to help keep moisture locked in, not the case here! It does not flake and goes on very smoothly and is immediately moisturizing. You can apply alone(which is what I usually do) or apply as a base before your lipstick.

2 comments:

  1. I got this in a sampler too ill have to try it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised by mine!

      Delete

Let me know what you think here =)