Monday, September 17, 2012

Mani Monday

Pin It

Happy Monday polish fiends!
 
While I've been enjoying, or not so much enjoying the past week and a 1/2 of dentist visits which sadly is continued later today I thought I'd share my current favorite color..

 


Used: 2 Coats

It's a coral/melon color from Wet n' Wild's "Shine" Collection. Though summer's coming to an end(in 5 days) it's a nice vibrant coral that I plan to continue wearing during fall.

Good To Know: It's Toluene, Formaldehyde & Phthalate free

Find out what that mean's for your health after the jump

Good To Know: It's Toluene, Formaldehyde & Phthalate free
What's That Mean? The manufacturers have reformrulated their produts to remove this toxic trio.
Breakdown: 
1) Phthalate (Dibutyl phthalate) adds sheen and dissolve other ingredients; it's also a reproductive and developmental toxin. 
2)Toluene helps form a smooth finish across the nail, it also causes dizziness, fatigue, headahes, and is also a possible reproductive and develomental toxic.
3)Formaldehyde often found in nail hardeners/strengtheners is a human carcinogen, eye, nose, throat, and skin irritant.

The FDA has advised that most products are within safe levels however knowing these facts, I'm glad this color is free of those toxins as I use it often. As a disclaimer, I use MANY colors, and am not convinced they are all entirely detrimental; that is up to each person's personal preference. Though there are risks and effects caused by exposure to these and other chemicals the likelyhood of result has yet to be determined, only linked. I chose to present this info I found so that each of you can


You can get this gorgeous color, Blazed here !! =)


Info Source: California Environmental Protection Agency’s Department of Toxic Substances Control

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea about those chemicals. I love this color

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned about it recently as well! Thanks for commenting Kelsea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really considered the chemicals I was putting on my nails, holy crap!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think here =)